We are very happy to announce that the Library AAC's renewal proposal for a second three-year period has been successful. The project is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) as part of its "Specialised Information Services" programme (Fachinformationsdienste für die Wissenschaft) and is maintained by Göttingen State and University Library (SUB Göttingen) in cooperation with the Library of the John F. Kennedy Institute (JFKI) at FU Berlin. The Library of Anglo-American Culture & History is providing literature and information services for Germany-based scholars and students in all academic fields relating to the anglophone world (English Studies, British & Irish Studies, Anglophone Literatures & Cultures, Australian & New Zealand Studies, American Studies, Canadian Studies). We invite you to use our services:
- Our collections: We continue to collect primary sources and specialist scholarly literature in the subject areas listed above. All items from our collections can be obtained via interlibrary loan.
- Request It: If you need specialist literature, primary sources or other materials which are not available via the established German document delivery services, send us your requests!
- Publish It: Publish or archive the results of your academic work in The Stacks, our Open Access subject repository, and make your research more visible.
- Search: Explore the holdings of SUB Göttingen and the JFKI Library, search literature and sources, consult our search tips or reuse them for teaching.
- NEW: Collection of British, Irish, Australian and New Zealand TV series: To complement the collection of North American TV series at the JFKI, SUB Göttingen will build a collection of British, Irish, Australian and New Zealand television series on DVD and Blu-ray Disc. Send us your suggestions via the request form or by e-mail!
We are looking forward to your requests, feedback and suggestions!
For the team of the Library AAC
Dorothea Schuller and Almut Breitenbach