1. Register to access these and other sources
2. Select "Weiter ab Schritt 2", if your home institution is not part of the DFN network.
3. Accept the terms and conditions
4. Fill in your institutional affiliation, status group, address, and institutional e-mail address (if applicable). Upon completion you will receive an email with details about the authentication process. This takes approx. 24 hours.
5. Once you receive your login information, you are able to use FID licenses by selecting "Anmeldung Fachinformationsdienste (FID VHO)".
6. Login by entering your account information.
7. From the list of licences select the one(s) you need and start browsing.
The FID AAC puts special effort into negotiating national licenses for the databases we provide. For some databases that are especially relevant for the members of our research communities, users have to identify themselves as FID-users at the Kompetenzzentrum für Lizenzierung (KfL) by creating an account. Following is a step-by-step manual: